Thursday, June 9, 2011

like a concert

Lovely little heat wave and thunderstorm spat we've had the past few days, but last night's storm was crazy. Before I went to bed, I had no clue it was s'posed to storm, but I thought, "Hey, it'd be nice to get some rain, it's been so ungodly hot and the rain will cool everything down." And then this happened. Not quite what I meant...

Supposedly it was several smaller storms, but I got up to shut my windows and I couldn't get back to sleep because it was a constant rumbling and cracking of thunder, and the lightning was like a strobe light. It was nature's concert, but not appreciated at 2 in the morning. The first crack I heard when I got out of bed was right as I was climbing down my ladder (I have a loft bed), and it was this horrible, resonating crunch and it startled me so much I almost fell off my ladder.

And somehow, some people managed to sleep through it all. I know I'm a light sleeper, but geez...

No comments: