Thursday, April 21, 2011

looking for an off-switch

Have you ever had one of those times where you're trying to sleep or concentrate but your brain keeps going off on random tangents or otherwise won't let you do what you're s'posed to be doing? If not, consider yourself lucky. I spent at least an hour last night lying awake in bed because I had several songs stuck in my head, plus I was thinking about graduation and college and a slew of other stuff. An off-switch, or even just a mute button, would've been so nice.

I know, stressing about all of this isn't going to make it any better. But now that my friends know I'm capable of buying halfway-decent presents, I'm now obligated to get something really cool for their graduation parties 'cause otherwise it'll look like a cop-out. And the college stressing was me realizing that all my friends are going to carry on without me (since I'll be the furthest away) and the only person I'll know within the county doesn't like me to begin with.

And with that, let's go and finish my calc. Yay.

No comments: