Tuesday, April 5, 2011

cows

We're remarkable cows.
And wherever we go,
it's a fabulous show.
Oh, you know we are cows.
That's right, we're cows.
Such remarkable cows.
We can sing very low.
We can dance in a row.
We are lovely and slow, oh, oh--
Yes, you know we are cows.

(Sorry, I couldn't help chipping in with "Cows" from Philadelphia Chickens.)

So yeah. Cows. I was poking around on the news and there's this girl in Germany who, when told by her parents that she couldn't have a horse, trained her cow and now rides it like the horse she couldn't have. I think it's a pretty neat idea, but then again, I like cows, so of course I like the idea of having a rideable cow. Think about it, it's a pet, transportation, a ride-on lawnmower and dairy stand all in one.

I think it was being in Ag that steered me towards cattle. And I just made a really bad unintentional cow joke right there. Go me. Anyway. I remember having to go online and research cattle breeds for a little report, and I found this site, which was the source of all my time-wasting for a while because there is so much stuff on there. I had a minor... er, major obsession with dogs for a while, and I loved knowing all the breeds and what they were bred for and whatnot. Naturally, I had way too much fun on this site looking at different breeds of cattle and other livestock for very much the same reason.

(photo from Bing Image Search)
And besides, how can you not love that face?

No comments: