Thursday, March 17, 2011

those days

Everyone has them. You know, when life seems to be working against you at every turn and you kinda just want to throw something at anyone who looks at you.

It's a shame it had to be today. I had my shirt all ready to make me feel like a rebel, and I even succeeded in making it through the day without getting yelled at for it (granted, I covered it when I felt endangered, but that's aside the point). It was my last day of plyos for softball, which means no busting my kneecaps on the stupid boxes. And I went to a local brick-oven pizza joint for dinner, had an awesome brisket sandwich, distributed some school magazines and was asked to create a Facebook fan page for the restaurant.

But no, it couldn't be that simple. First thing this morning, it's colder than I expect and my car is really cold. Not even doing the windshield squirty stuff will clean it off. I leave my car running for a few minutes, defroster on high, until I can't wait any longer or I'll be late for the NHS meeting. I make it almost to the end of my road (so about 2 miles) with only the bottom half of my windshield cleared off. I get to school, try to run up the stairs in the parking lot and proceed to trip and smash my knee on the stairs. Luckily only one person saw it, and technically I'd have a good excuse to be late to the meeting (an embarrassing one, but legitimate nonetheless), but it hurts a lot and I already have a buttload of bruises.

Then I have to go be a complete idiot and get into stuff I have no business inquiring about, which gets me into a huge verbal fight and a pissy mood for pretty much the rest of the day.

One of my layouts during journalism disappeared and I flipped out (I worked hard on that, dangit). But then I found it again. So it wasn't a total loss.

But the morning argument extended into the afternoon, and it just pretty much ruined everything. Because that's what I do best, I ruin everything.

I guess it's just how it has to be. I'm the common factor in all the problems I'm having. I'm not strong like everyone else is, I can't overcome these problems, because I am the problem.

2 comments:

Laura said...

...

**slap**

You DID say that next post you made like that, I could slap you.

mandachan said...

... you're right. dangit.