Saturday, March 26, 2011

on the job

First day of practice as a manager, and it was definitely a lot different. I'm allowed to participate in as much as I want, but we had an even number of people so I didn't have to throw. My coach actually made a speech to the rest of the girls detailing my position and basically putting a death threat on anyone that doesn't take it seriously, and it was kinda embarrassing.

The rest I spent doodling around, catching for the coaches when they'd hit to the girls, freezing my hands and face off since our field is on top of a hill and it was below freezing with the wind chill. Our field was like a rock, yet it's in the sun, so by the end of practice, it was a muddy, soupy rock. And yes, that's possible.


I also heard from BU, I got accepted but got crap for financial aid due to issues with the PROFILE so it's a good thing I'm not planning on going there. I think I'll fit in better in Ithaca anyway.

No comments: