Saturday, March 19, 2011

decisions, decisions

I was flipping through all the college mail I've gotten so I could find the opt-out letters for the ones I applied to but aren't going to. It's harder than I thought to find one. In fact, only one of my colleges mentioned anything about an opt-out letter, the rest were just "Send in your deposit or you die." I understand why they don't put opt-out info on there because they're hoping really hard that you go to their school and therefore don't have to worry about opt-out info, but it's still kinda annoying.

I'm also deciding how I want to write my next English essay. I've been getting straight 90s on the past few, and that's also starting to annoy me. Since we've been reading the Canterbury Tales, our essay is to pick a person (fictional or real) and do a character sketch, like in the prologue of the Tales. In my fiction-writing experience, doing character descriptions has always been my favorite part of creating a story, so I think I can use this to bring my grade up. I just need to figure out how I want to go about it.

Tryouts on Monday :P

No comments: