Tuesday, December 7, 2010

hypocrisy is the end-all

I had Florence and the Machine's "Dog Days Are Over" stuck in my head yesterday for pretty much the entire day. I mean, it was the last song I heard in the car before I got to school, and it is my ringtone. So when I got home, I watched the music video.



And then I read the comments. This is what always kills a good mood, the comments. Someone had to be a big jerk and be all "Blarg, they did this on Glee and now it sucks." Granted, I didn't like the version they did on the show, but that doesn't mean that the entire song is ruined. Luckily, someone after them kinda went off on them for doing the whole hipster thing and being all "Oh, other people like this song so now it's not cool." Nonconformity is cool and all, but not quite like that.

The way I see it, jerks that pull off crap like that are only being hypocrites. They think that mainstream music sucks because it's mainstream and a lot of people listen to it. (hmm, I know some people like that...). Thus, they're letting the musical tastes of other people dictate what they listen to, which is the exact thing that they try to avoid. So when they're all priding themselves on listening to unique stuff and not listening to what other people tell them to, they're also shunning what could be perfectly good music, simply because someone told them about it.

Besides, on the hipster train of logic, "the best band in the world is nonexistent." So quit your egotistical bitching and listen to music because it's good, not because of who likes it.

No comments: