Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3 down, 2 to go

College acceptances. Got "yay"s from Ithaca, Emerson and UConn, still waiting on Quinnipiac and BU. I doubt I'll get more than a "haha nice try" from BU, and I probably won't go there anyway, but I figured it was worth a shot anyway.

Now that my thesis is done, I'll have more time to work on scholarship essays. Joy. That'll keep me busy during Christmas Break. Plus the books I got out of the library yesterday. I swear, I'd never be able to work at a library or bookstore, I'd wind up reading half the stuff there while I'm working. I meant to go in there to kill some time before running errands, and I wound up spending over a half hour in there just wandering through the stacks. I weeded my choices down to four books: one is the book sibling to the Fortune Cookie Chronicles website, two about writing (I've been trying to expand my writing from the cliché teenage crap I usually write) and one about supernatural stuff and other magic things and their impact on American society.

And I missed the lunar eclipse last night. I wanted to see it, but I didn't really feel like getting up at 1am to see it.

No comments: