Friday, November 26, 2010

black friday

Whoever came up with the idea that going shopping at 4am is seriously smoking something. I realize y'all wanna get your Christmas generic winter get-together (I must say, I hate having to be politically correct) shopping done early, but I don't think that's quite what they mean by "early." It can't be the sales; that so called "biggest sale of the year" happens every other week between now and New Year's. And I'd rather avoid getting trampled by crazed shoppers 'cause I accidentally picked up the thing they want.

I've been Black Friday shopping once. I went with my stepmom, we needed a mini basketball hoop for my brother. We went to Toys 'R' Us, spent 2 minutes finding the hoop and then spent almost an hour waiting in line. And this was a pretty fast-moving line. I mean, the line was all the way past the registers, along the side where all the kids clothing is and was weaving through the baby crap. It was ridiculous. Somehow jumping a state and going shopping just over the border wasn't so crazy. (Then again, it might've been because we were shopping at, like, 10pm...)

The only reason why I'll leave the house today for commercial reasons is because my phone died this week and I either need to get it fixed (might just be the battery) or get a new one. You don't realize how important a cell phone is until you don't have it anymore. Using the house phone really sucks...

No comments: