Saturday, November 20, 2010

almost over

Last night actually went surprisingly well. I think there were only 3 or 4 dropped lines in the entire play. And the Q and A bit at the end was a lot of fun, especially 'cause I was the mean one. One person asked what kind of hardships we had and my bit was that last year's drama peeps dropped the ball on us and none of the crew knew what we were doing (plus the whole lightboard thing on Monday); someone else asked Laura and Tang how it was being lovers in the show and dating on the side, and of course I interjected with the water gun bit. (If I had it on me, I would've gotten them several times last night, but instead I got them with the handheld spotlight).

So. Senior Night. That went pretty well too. There were no epic fails (at least that I noticed), and the other seniors pulled off messing up the field show; our last song, the one I stole the quads for, we spell out our school initials, and the seniors intenionally did the S backwards. I even did good on the quads for that song... until I realized "Oh, crap. I don't know the cadence," so I kinda BSed that and just played random notes. I think that's what the rest of the section did too. What pissed me off, though, was the fact that our band teacher had told me basically that I wouldn't be able to play quads 'cause I'd be too stressed out, and he left before our field show for some family thing so I wasn't able to be all "hey I can play the quads thankyouverymuch." :P

And I was allowed to sleep in til 10:30. Which is, like, unheard of. I need to finish homework and college essays and get the lead out with NaNoWriMo 'cause I haven't written anything since before Production Week (hey, I was busy).

No comments: