Sunday, October 17, 2010

win.

(The Giants did win 4-3 to take 1-0 series lead against the Phillies, but that's not what I was going to talk about.)

I'll start with yesterday morning. I had to be in 2 places in school at the same time (yes, on a Saturday), 'cause we were going to start working on set stuff for the fall play and I volunteered to help set up for homecoming. Why, I'm not sure, since I didn't even go, but it was kinda cool to be involved anyway. I was actually bad and didn't help out with set stuff at all 'cause we had so much to do for homecoming. 300 balloons is a lot to blow up. But luckily the freshman advisor (who was my Current Issues teacher last year) bought us all pizza, which was cool.

I ran to the store on the way home to get some stuff for my contribution to dinner, went home, took a shower real quick and was a horrible person 'cause I got to the flan party almost an hour late. But everyone knew I was going to be late 'cause I had stuff to do. And I wasn't exactly a happy camper 'cause I had to dress up, and dresses and heels just suck.

Our massive TV-watching escapade involved watching Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which was really funny. It had kindof an anticlimactic ending but then we made it better by watching it with subtitles in Wiccan. They weren't real subtitles, it was a joke the producers put in for the first minute of the DVD, but they were silly. And then we watched a few episodes of Firefly, but only two since they're the hour-long ones (or 40-minute, whatever).

For dinner, we had this yummy chicken pasta thing that the EGE's mom made, plus my spaghetti tacos. They weren't anything special, just spaghetti with either pesto or kicked-up spaghetti sauce in a hard or soft taco shell/tortilla whateverness. I thought they were pretty good, but they didn't go over quite as well as I had hoped since the tortillas were a little small and I didn't break the noodles before I cooked them, and the sauces were partially storebought, but oh well.

We continued the homecoming evasion with 2 rounds of Apples to Apples, and the joke was that we were whatever green cards we won. For example, Laura's boyfriend Tang was cruel, unusual and some other third thing that I don't remember, our friend Tara was meek and something else, and the EGE was dysfunctional. My cards were sexy and ridiculous, and I wasn't sure whether to take that as a compliment or not...

And then we concluded the evening with a round of Never Have I Ever, or NHIE for short. It was pretty nice at the beginning, and then we resorted to targeting individual people and asking really dirty questions, but every game reduces itself to that eventually. It was much fun.

In whole, flan party > homecoming. Definitely.

No comments: