Thursday, September 16, 2010

surprising plot twist

I'm really liking my decision to join the school drama...ness (since I'll get hit with the drama club if I call it "drama club", Laura knows what I'm talking about). The only thing I regret is not having done it before this year. Especially considering I'm now assistant stage manager for the fall production, and between me and the guy who is the actual stage manager (who is one of my percussion homies and my partner in drama class), it'll be an interesting year since I don't think either of us have any idea what we're doing.

Though, to be honest, what I'm really excited for is the winter stuff. We don't have an official winter "play" because we do a bunch of student-written/directed/performed mini-plays, and I'm collaborating with Laura and the EGE for a really random Firefly-based play. Since I'm a big wuss and have horrible stage fright, the narrator part is pretty much written for me, which is cool 'cause I can be in it without having to see everyone staring at me.

Boy am I gonna have a lot on my plate. Editoring for journalism/yearbook, helping with senior advisory stuff, marching band, ASMing, trying to keep up with the postseason... :)

No comments: