Tuesday, September 7, 2010

i hate it when people do that

My band teacher put me on the spot twice during class today. Both times I made myself look like a complete fool, once 'cause I couldn't think of the word he was describing and once 'cause he made me do a drumroll to demonstrate how the Star-Spangled Banner would go. For most people who have been playing percussion for 7+ years, that wouldn't be a big deal, but I can't roll to save my life, so having to do a forte-piano drumroll by myself in front of everyone was embarrassing as all get-up.

Anyway. For a baseball update. Sox creamed the Rays 12-5 last night (I only watched the first half of the game and saw them score 11 of their 12 runs). And the Orioles beat the Yankees 4-3, which I found hilarious 'cause the Orioles are 52 and 86, and the Yankees are unfortunately 86 and 52.

Also, Pedroia is having foot surgery so he's done, Stephen Strasburg had his Tommy John surgery so he's done too, and the Royals' catcher Jason Kendall had surgery on his shoulder, so he's out too. All this surgery junk. It'd be nice if people, oh, I don't know, stayed healthy? (I know, I'm a hypocrite for complaining about other people's injuries when I have enough of my own).

No comments: