Wednesday, September 15, 2010

i fail at keeping up

I was s'posed to do a birthday post last Saturday, but I got too caught up in taking stupid ACTs and stuff so I forgot. Sorry, Ellsbury! Won't let it happen again.

Royals spanked last night, 11-3 over the A's. 3 runs in each of the first 3 innings. The Orioles have been doing really well too (of course, now that they've been eliminated from playoff contention). And holy crap the Pirates suck. Winning percentage of .333. That's just sad.

Also, we've been doing poetry and reading stuff in a few classes so I figured I'd show you some of my favorites. My freshman English teacher (who is also my public speaking teacher this year) showed my class this really cool slam poetry by Taylor Mali. It was really funny 'cause we were listening to a recording and out of nowhere he swore in the middle of a poem and we all burst out laughing 'cause no one expected it. I'm using that one to present for class, but since I'm not allowed to just drop the F-bomb in the middle of my poem, I'll just find some other creative way to swear.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sindy and I told you: Use "rutting"!