Tuesday, September 21, 2010

assistant spaghetti monster

That's my title, since ASM is awfully close to FSM :)

First read-thru was today. There were parts where we all burst out laughing and couldn't stop. It went pretty well though. Lots of work I'm gonna have to do.

Also, I officially believe that my band teacher is on some kind of drug 'cause he seems to think that I could handle playing the drum set in jazz band. Note that this is the same guy who wouldn't let me play quads. He even specifically asked if I play drum set and I specifically said no because, well, I can't. I've tried. It isn't pretty. And I know that tryouts would only be an embarrassment because the two other guys who I know are trying out are a LOT better at it than me. Seniority or not, when you have someone this bad as your drummer, it's just not gonna work. And piano? Forget about it. There are freshmen that can blow me out of the water with one hand tied behind their back.

Sox have 5 losses (and Stankee wins) until they're eliminated. Let's face it, the Wild Card is going to the Rays. Oh well. I can root for them and the Twins and the Rangers in the playoffs.

No comments: