Saturday, July 24, 2010

much better

Two reasons why:

1, Alex got called back up to the Royals! Eee! Unfortunately, it's because DeJesus busted his thumb on Thursday on Jeter's inside-the-park home run (to quote Ellie in our discussion on this, "I already didn't like the Yankees and now they broke DeJesus"). The Boys in Blue ended up losing 7-1 after an hour and 25 minute rain delay in the 5th inning in addition to Bannister giving up 4 runs in the first inning and Alex going 0 for 4 with a strikeout and an error, but hey. Alex got called back up. I'm not complaining. I just wish I got the YES channel.

2, I'm going to the Modest Mouse concert tonight! I know, I'm lame for being this old (relatively speaking) and having never been to a real (i.e. not school related) concert, but I've also never had 2 jobs or the money to pay for said tickets. I probably should've listened to the new CD beforehand, but I've been listening to the one before it so it's not like I'm going into this blind. I shall post about the awesomeness tomorrow, but in the meantime, enjoy this video, it's one of my favorites from the 2nd newest album.

No comments: