Wednesday, June 9, 2010

that works

Quite well, actually.

For starters (literally), Strasburg pitched a lovely game last night, with 14 Ks in 7 innings. And the Nationals won (I know, shocker).

Also, in real life, I think I've gotten my work schedule mostly worked out. I don't have to take too many days off 'cause I'll only be working Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and then all the home games. The only big chunks of time I'll miss are the week of a journalism seminar thing I'm going to in July (will post from that), band camp and the weekend before my birthday because even though I really shouldn't be taking that weekend off 'cause it's in the middle of a homestand, it's my birthday dangit.

Also also in real life, I had a minor existential crisis yesterday when, with the help of some people, I realized that if I can't talk to people on the phone or talk to people I don't know, I'm screwed in journalism, so I started freaking out and tried to figure out what I could possibly do for a living. I know, I'm in high school, I shouldn't be doing this. But I did it anyway.
Luckily, I had one of those shower epiphanies (because taking a shower, along with lying in bed unable to sleep, is when I do my best thinking) and realized that I still have options. At least until reality kicks back in, since it's a combination of freelancing, owning my own business/store-ish thing and raising service dogs.

And that is my story. Off to studying for exams. Wooo.

No comments: