Wednesday, May 5, 2010

well that was weird

I'm usually pretty good at marking down what the play is. But I had two happen to me today that I wasn't sure what to do about. I hit a ball to the third baseman (basewoman? basegirl?), and it was definitely a close play... except for the fact that the first baseman missed the ball and it hit me in the back of the shoulder.
It hit in that mush spot right between the top of my shoulder and that bumpy bone at the top of the spine, so it didn't hurt that much, but it bounced off me and rolled into dead ball territory so they gave me second. I ended up marking it as reaching on an error and going to second on a dead ball.

The other one was a popup to the first baseman, and I didn't see it 'cause I was too busy worrying about running, but apparently it hit her or something happened that made her drop it and it rolled into foul territory so I made it to second. I guess I'll mark that as an error too.

Regardless, I went 2 for 6 with 2 singles, reaching on two errors, a foul fly-out to right, a groundout to short and a walk. And the obligatory stolen base or two and run or two. We won 20-1, but varsity lost 8-zip so one of the juniors on varsity got all pissy and wouldn't let anyone, even JV, talk on the way home 'cause varsity needed to think about what they screwed up on.

We all secretly thought this was total BS 'cause even though losing sucks, you can't tell me that all the runs against them were on errors and that everyone struck out. Some things you just can't control. Sometimes, losing is one of those things. And it's not like we were all like "Nananananana, we won and you didn't." The only reason why our score was even brought up is 'cause they finished before we did and specifically asked how our game was.

Anyway. That's all. Game on Friday.

No comments: