Thursday, May 6, 2010

that's not a good sign.

Practice wasn't all that bad today, except for one minor major problem. We only had 8 people. I don't know about you, but I know we can't play a 9-person game with 8 people. Especially since we have an overabundance of outfielders. What ended up happening is that we didn't do our situational fielding things, but instead we just fielded a bunch of balls in succession to get the fundamentals of moving to the ball, and then we just threw home.

Which was good, since our coach threw me in at first base. Where I've never been before. Like, ever. It was a little scary, particularly in the sense that I suck at grounders, but for some reason, first base wasn't as bad as taking grounders at third. Out of the... eh, I don't know, maybe 24 or so balls hit to me, I completely missed 4 of them and didn't properly field a few but I was able to get to them in time to make it look halfway decent. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I didn't think I did all that bad today.

(The "tooting my own horn" thing reminds me of a line from Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel, which I went to go see with my 5-year-old sister, 'cause there's a line in it where Alvin is all like "I don't mean to toot my own horn, but beep ba beep beep beeeep!")

Oh, so our bench coach and our shortstop (the one that messed up her knee) have been taking pictures at all the games, and they got a really good one of me at our game on Monday.

Of course, this was the game in which I struck out twice... But hey, I'm playing, and there's photo documentation of it. I like this picture, but I noticed a few things about it. One, that I hold my bat (yes, my girly pink bat) way too up right. Two, that I need a haircut because my ponytail covers my awesome #4. Three, that my uniform makes me look short, which I guess I can't complain about since I'm only 5'5". And four (even though this will get me punched), that my softball pants accentuate the fact that I have a less than small derrière. All the better to sonic hip bump you with, my dear.

Game tomorrow night, against the team we lost 4-1 to. Which reminds me, I was doing a little stats monkeying today during precalc and realized that we've scored 120 runs this season (average of 10 runs per game). In comparison, our opponents have scored only 47 (average of about 4 runs). Not too shabby :)

No comments: