Sunday, May 9, 2010

recovery

Tired. I got home at like 11:30, 11:45 last night, spent 25 minutes getting all 31 bobby pins, braids and massive tangliness out of my hair, and then had to wake up at 9 this morning :P

Anyway. Prom was only sortof torturous ;)
The food was good (uh, hello, steak), our class picked good people for king and queen, and they did play some songs that I actually knew. Like "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. The only thing was that... well... I can't really sing, but no one could hear me anyway. Laura joined in, which was cool, and she's a much more refined singer than yours truly, not to mention a soprano, so while I was singing along on Jason Mraz's level, Laura was an octave above me. I guess I just have a manly voice.

Also with the music, most of it sucked 'cause aside from grinding, no one really danced to it so our group (me, Laura, the EGE and our friend Tang) just kinda stood there moving around a little and looking really awkward. But I have to give the dj props for the last song. It was "Amazed" by Lonestar, and I'm not a huge country fan, but my dad has that CD and we would listen to it all the time when I was little, so I knew most of the words. And it's just such a sweet song:
"I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you"

So yeah. DJ JD definitely gets props for that. He's been the dj for all of our school dances since he's an alumnus, and he's really quite good with the mixing and whatnot but this just makes him extra awesome.

I apologize for my verbosity in recent posts. I just have a lot to talk about.

No comments: