Friday, May 21, 2010

clutch

I feel really special. Our first base coach was talking to my parents after the game (we had a doubleheader, with us at 4:30 and varsity at 7), and he didn't say that I was a clutch hitter. He said that I was clutch. :D

Anyway, we won 8-5, and I DHed because I tried fielding with my bum hand and it just wasn't working out. I could throw fine, I just held my pointer finger up and gripped it with my thumb and other 3 fingers, but I just couldn't field so hot (I know, just like normal). I kinda felt bad 'cause I DHed in place of our right fielder, but then I had a bases-clearing double to cap a 4-run 2nd inning ('cause I came around and scored) so then I didn't feel quite so bad.

I also lined out to the pitcher, which I can't really complain about 'cause it was a liner right at her head and she caught it on a reflex/"OHMYGAWD THERE'S A BALL COMING AT MY FACE" reaction thing. And I walked and scored again.

I'm not sure if it's because we won or not, but our coaches cancelled practice for tomorrow, which means I can leave the house and be at the job fair at Dodd Stadium when it starts at 10. I'm excited :)

No comments: