Tuesday, May 4, 2010

breaking the cardinal rule

Well, not really, but I'm kinda not s'posed to be posting at school. It's just that I have piano lessons tonight and then a massive essay due for English class tomorrow so if I can get this out of the way, I'll have more time to write my paper and hopefully I can get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I have important news, though. It's not spectacular, but it's not horrible. So you know how Alex got sent down to Omaha (well, down in level, up in geography), but what's interesting about this minor league escapade is where they're putting him. They're throwing him in the outfield 'cause his defense sucks. Those "they" people say that 3rd base isn't getting totally taken away, but they want him to be able to play other positions since he's not the second coming of George Brett that everyone thought he was.

I'm pretty much ok with this, partially 'cause outfielders are awesome :) and also because this is kindof a slap in the face to the Royals organization. I'm not trying to criticize their whateverness, but they threw Alex into the majors waaaaay too early. He still needed a few more years in the minors, particularly in Omaha since he skipped from double-A to the majors. It's obvious that he'll be what people call a "quadruple-A player," which sucks to an extent, but he does so well in triple-A, so he's probably just not ready for the hype of being the second coming of George Brett. He's good, and he's capable of doing good things, but the team screwed itself over by putting that much pressure on him.

And that was my intelligent thought for the day.

No comments: