Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"but how do you know vikings don't have scottish accents?"

Went with Laura and her friend Kyla to go see How to Train Your Dragon last night. It was actually a pretty good movie. Even though the Vikings in it had Scottish accents. Not sure why. But aside from that, it was pretty awesome. I mean, first, it was about dragons and Vikings and all sorts of awesome stuff. It was really quite funny. And dangit I like older-kid kid movies!

I'd have to say that my favorite character is a toss-up between Hiccup (the main character), Astrid (the main girl character) and Toothless (Hiccup's dragon). Hiccup, because he's endearing in that totally dorky kinda way, and I liked his personality and his sense of humor. Astrid, because she's your typical independent-but-still-sweet heroine. And Toothless... well, I'll show you a picture first.

I've always been fascinated by dragons, but Toothless takes the cake in the world of creatures that don't exist. He's just so... epic! In lack of a better word, he's just so badass about everything. Yet at the same time he's the most adorable thing ever 'cause he's very catlike. And the toothless smile that got him his name? Just heart-melting.

I know, I'm overanalyzing movie characters. Make fun of me if you will. But it was a good movie. And the soundtrack is pretty good too, good instrumentals. I might have to get it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

:D I love you manda! and it's ok, I overanalyze them too... although I feel like a moron cuz I forgot to mention Astrid in my post... oh well... I love her just as much as I love Hiccup and Toothless. And as for the Vikings and Scottish accents... were you or were you not the one who did the unit on Vikings school?

...I wanna see that movie again.

mandachan said...

yeah, we did vikings in 5th grade.

and if it weren't for the fact that i have no movie money left, i would see it again. guess we'll just have to wait til it comes out on dvd :)

Laura said...

When it comes out on dvd, we are getting it, and we are having a mini-"Dragon" party. And it will be amazing. Again.