Saturday, March 13, 2010

sorry 'bout that

I was in so much of a rush that I didn't even bother to capitalize. I know, I put amateur journalists across the world to shame. I don't care.

Anyway. The SATs were ok. I mean, no one really wants to get up at 6am on a Saturday to take a 5-hour test. But it wasn't really that bad. Just... long. And boring. And I got the munchies really badly in the middle of it (thank goodness for snacks).

Oh, right, I still need to do a proper birthday post for the EGE. I have some recent pix from when I went over to his house last night for dinner (yay chicken curry and rocket cake), but I haven't put them onto my computer yet. We were having fun taking pictures of hats for the hat thread on the xkcd forum, and even though I'm the queen of hats (baseball, slightly ridiculous and otherwise), I made him his own SRH from two t-shirts and a recipe in a book I have. It's pretty awesome. It has a mohawk and everything. I was worried that he wouldn't like it, but then I realized that if he didn't like it, I could keep it :)
He loved it anyway, in addition to the random series of notes/letters/whatever and Tootsie Rolls I taped to the inside of his locker (I was bored during study hall), so even though the gifts were a bit unorthodox, they worked. Which is good, 'cause I didn't have a backup plan.

So. That's pretty much it. Enjoy your weekend. Or, if you're a New Englander, enjoy the indoors while this storm rampages on like a swirling vortex of terror until Tuesday.

No comments: