Monday, March 22, 2010

fun.

Tryouts are this afternoon. Good lord.

Now, I have the day off today due to a staff development whateverness (which is a bit strange seeing as they're usually half days on Wednesdays, not whole days on Mondays...). I should be spending today relaxing, finishing my homework, yadda yadda yadda. Instead, I'll probably be freaking out the entire day. Yeah, I made the team last year. But that doesn't guarantee me a spot, especially in how I was essentially the lowest of the low on the team, and how many freshmen are better than me (all of them). And yeah, I have a game plan so I'll be prepared for whatever happens, but that doesn't mean I want to have to take advantage of that!

Heck, I was so worried about it, I had a dream about it last night. Except it was more like conditioning, and the fitness center didn't look like the one we had at school, and for some reason we were told to pick out a jersey to wear. And I got into a fight with a sophomore over my #4 jersey. Not like punching kicking biting fighting, more like "No, I had this first, I'm oldest, give it back" pulling and tugging at the jersey fighting. And the sophomore I was fighting with is playing tennis. So I'm not sure where that came from.

I'm going to go eat breakfast now. Hopefully my nerves will have stopped freaking out before 4:45 when I have to leave. I highly doubt that. Fingers crossed that I don't die (or that at least I get sent down to first session where I'll look slightly less stupid).

And happy birthday to the Indians' bullpen! (Well, at least Masterson and Joe Smith)

3 comments:

fencer_22 said...

good luck

mandachan said...

heh. thanks. i'll need it.

Ellie said...

YAY JOE SMITH! I wore my jersey to school today.