Wednesday, March 3, 2010

barenaked ladies

Get your minds out of the gutter, you perverts. I'm talking about the band.

I was listening to my iTunes thing yesterday and "Pinch Me" came up. This song always brings back good memories because it came out when I was too young to remember song names, so I would always associate songs with some of the words in the song. The song bite I remember: "I could hide out under there / I just made you say 'underwear'". Thus, the song became "The Underwear Song," and it stayed like that until about 2 months ago when I actually bothered to figure out what the song was called.

Now, what does this have to do with baseball? Absolutely nothing. Except that I was poking around AZ Lyrics yeseterday and saw that their first album is called "Gordon." So you know where my mind went.

(you knew there had to be a segway into baseball somewhere in there)

On that tangent, I was having a hard time finding Spring Training pics of Alex. I found a bunch of the other 4, but not him. For about a half a second, I legit thought he fell off the face of the earth. But then I found some yesterday on the Kansas City Star website of the Royals' intrasquad game.


He had a really nice diving play during the game, Hillman is seeing a significant difference between this year and last year. Good to know Alex's hip is holding up.


The throw for the out.


Alex also got a single in two at-bats. The final score was 6-zip but I don't know which side won.


Gum nom nom!
(sorry, couldn't help it)


Batting cages! Where I'll be this afternoon! Except it's snowing out (AGAIN) so I'll be inside. And not in Arizona.

No comments: