Thursday, February 11, 2010

uh-oh.

At the request of a follower whose name shall not be released (*coughEGEcough*), I'm going to tweak my blogging approach just a smidge and refrain from overtly obsessing over my 5. Note that this does not mean I'll stop being a fan, 'cause then I'd have nothing to talk dividedly loyal about and the blog would be pointless. But I'll try to not do the mindless guy-obsessed freak thing.

And of course, now that I have to be professional in talking about baseball players, the first thing I find to write about is one of those 5 20-something-year-olds that I'm specifically not s'posed to focus on. But Lincecum's arbitration negotiations are going nowhere fast, and it's starting to piss me off(fa-fa ;P). Last year he earned $650K. The Giants are offering $8mil for next year. His agent wants $13mil. They brought the mess to arbitration. The Giants proposed 3 years, $37mil. Timmy's agent's goons want upwards of $40mil. It doesn't end.

My take on the scene: cut the crap and sign already before the Stankees scoop him up, dammit!

No comments: