Thursday, February 25, 2010

new england is weird

Another day, another snowstorm. Except this week was s'posed to hit us with 2 snowstorms. What have I seen so far? A bunch of fat little snowflake flurries on Tuesday, but other than that, it's all been rain. And lots of it. I've been meaning to drive past the middle school field just to see how badly the field has flooded, since it floods really badly in storms like these. A few years back, it flooded so badly that the water washed out part of the JV field, which is about 3/4 of the way down the field from where it always starts flooding; that part of the field had water around 4 feet deep and Matt from Fencing Insanity went legit kayaking in the field. The track around it is a little under a half mile, so you can picture how much of a mess this water was.

Now that I'm done talking about the weather like a stereotypical old person, now for your funny picture of the day (this may or may not become a regular thing, we'll see)

"Ok, got my hands out... Guys, what's the next step to the Macarena again?"

Nothing much to say here. The library is closed today for a staff meeting, which means I had no place to go, so I was gonna just not go to conditioning, but I was able to get a ride for 4:40. Part of me is glad, since I know I need it, but part of me didn't want to go anyway.
I have a little cluster of popped blood vessels between my left thumb and pointer fingers from going to the batting cages yesterday, but that's no big deal. I did ok for not having hit since like October, but there was a string of like 3 or 4 pitches that I just must've gotten my timing right or something 'cause I hit all of them straight-shot, line drive towards what would've been center field. It was the weirdest thing 'cause I'm not much of a power hitter (granted, I'm not a frequency hitter either, or even a hitter at all during most of my at-bats, but you get my drift).

Guess that's it. I should probably do my current issues homework now. Ta ta :)

2 comments:

fencer_22 said...

that was the crowning moment of my middle school carear. =^D i actually got to kiyack over under and through football training equipment =^)

mandachan said...

i know, that picture you showed me was just incredible :)