Wednesday, January 6, 2010

lotsa stuff!

These are things I perked up on while browsing around ESPN.com:

  • Salty is close to full recovery from his TOS surgery and the arm weirdness that occurred while playing in the Winter Leagues. I'm glad, not only 'cause I like the guy but it'd be a shame for someone his age to be shut down when he has so much potential in the majors.
  • The Mariners and the Sox did a swap, sending Kotchman to Seattle and some random minor leaguer up here. It looks like a good deal for Kotchman, since it says he'll be the M's starting first baseman.
  • Randy Johnson has retired after 22 seasons and 303 wins. I'm bummed to see him go, but he's done his time, and he's been such a figure in baseball. I have an unofficial goal to interview him for his Hall of Fame induction, partially because this guy is freaking awesome and partially because of the ridiculosity of the scene of me interviewing him. For those of you who don't know, he's 6'10", I'm 5'5" on a good day.
  • And finally, the last heading popped up on my news feed yesterday and I didn't read the whole thing before psyching myself out. I saw "Boston Red Sox move Jacoby Ellsbury" and was all like "HOLY CRAP THEY GAVE ELLSBURY THE BOOT GET HIM BACK HERE NOW!" until I finished reading the headline and realized they're only moving him to left field to accomodate Cameron. Phew. I can handle him moving to left field. Another team, not so much.
And that is my story. Stay tuned for a ginormous post tomorrow :)

No comments: