Monday, January 4, 2010

i hate being out of the loop

I will admit, yes, Facebook is a good way to get in contact with people, but not for school related things.
I'll explain. Usually, the softball coaches have the informational meeting during our Activity Period at school (a 20 minute block that occurs about every 2 or 3 weeks used for clubs and stuff) the week we get back from vacation to go over when tryouts and conditioning and stuff is. There was also a memo going around on Facebook telling anyone interested to talk to one of the seniors, so, being a good little softball player, I responded to the status post. Never got anything back.
Now, to why this is important: This morning, a few girls decided to tell me that the meeting is not during school this week but tonight at 5ish. "Things I Need to Know" for 100, Alex? Unlike everyone else, apparently, I can't just ask my parents to drop everything and drive me to said meeting, so I was a bit miffed that no one decided to tell me til now, but I ended up asking one of the other seniors about it and am mooching a ride off them so it's all good.
But really? Next time, put something in the announcements at school, or at least make sure everyone gets the message.

No comments: