Monday, November 9, 2009

random thoughts for today

  • Hot Stove League news: the Sox agreed to a 2-year, $7mil deal with Wakefield, along with taking V-Mart's $7.1mil option through 2010 and trading 2 minor league pitchers to the Marlins for outfielder Jeremy Hermida. Unfortunately, 'Tek didn't get his $5mil club option exercised so he has until the end of the week to take advantage of his $3mil player option, and Gonzalez also didn't get his club option either, so he's technically a free agent now.
  • School fun: Everyone knows that this Friday is the 13th. I'm not superstitious or anything but I do find it a little strange that I have 2 tests and an article due that day, not to mention that Friday is our last marching band football game gig AND I have to stay after the game to manage the junior girls in the powderpuff game.
  • Driving Escapades #2 and 3: On Sunday, Mom took me down to the middle school to drive in the Escape... little did we know there was a munchkin football game there so not only did I have to work on parking in only my second time behind the wheel, I had to worry about other cars. It went mostly ok, except when she freaked out 'cause she thought I was gonna drive headfirst into the side of the school (my foot was on the brake, thankyouverymuch!). Today after driver's ed, which was boring as usual, my stepdad had me toodle around in the parking lot in the truck. Fine, whatever. And then he had me park. In the truck. Into a parking spot I couldn't just drive straight into. Needless to say, I am very glad that there were only imaginary cars there for me to crash into because I crashed into a few imaginary cars. But not too shabby for having to drive an insanely long truck. It'll still be a while 'til I get up the guts to leave the parking lot.
I also have a post idea but I need to plan it out so it'll be a few days 'til I have that ready. And I'll have a Drowning in Turtles comic tomorrow as well as another installment of the QC Music Tour.

No comments: